EQUIP is proud to introduce our Hepatitis C Demonstration Project partner, the Public Health Center of Ukraine . As a state institution under the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, their priorities are to:
- promote public health as one of the most significant values of the country and its nation;
- preserve health and productive life of the citizens.
The mission of the Public Health Center is promote health as one of their citizen’s most precious values; preventing diseases, extending the active working age and encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
Public Health Center of Ukraine main activities:
- supporting the implementation and monitoring of public health national programs (vaccination, HIV/AIDS response, etc.)
- epidemiological surveillance of communicable and non-communicable diseases
- monitoring and responding to public health emergencies
- assisting health authorities with elimination of outbreaks communicable and non-communicable diseases health consequences of natural disasters and other services in the field of public health
- assessing public health risks
- performing functions of reference laboratories
- ensuring international cooperation in the field of public health
- planning and running national IEC campaigns aimed at promoting healthy lifestyle