With a current footprint across 17 countries, our task is to provide support for: the prevention, care and treatment of HIV and associated diseases and to create channels for affordable and accessible health care. With support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), our goal is to provide innovative technical assistance to Ministries of Health and local implementation partners.
“ EQUIP’s mission is to help countries expedite their UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets. I’m proud to say that with presence in PEPFAR countries across Africa, South East Asia, Eastern Europe and the Caribbean, we are moving towards that shared goal. Through demonstration projects, close alliance with Ministries of Health, Government, community partners and civil society we’re meeting the patient—crossing that elusive ‘last mile.’
– Dr. Thembisile Xulu, Chief of Party, EQUIP
To fulfill our mandate in increasing life expectancy and improve access to affordable healthcare whilst touching as many lives as possible, we focus on six objectives:
- Strengthening current and creating new cost-effective antiretroviral treatment (ART) delivery methods that target community support and technological innovations.
- Increasing viral load monitoring by ensuring adequately trained health care workers, secure transport of medical samples and the successful reporting of laboratory results to patients.
- Creating strategies and bolster processes for the efficient management of patients from the point an illness is diagnosed to initiation of treatment and continued care. We believe in collaboration with local communities and health facilities to ensure medication adherence and the continued retention of patients in care.
- Address and monitor the unique requirements of key populations groups, to ensure that they are tested, treated and retained in care.
- Scale up promising, cost-effective and proven ‘test and start’ strategies.
- Accelerating children’s HIV/AIDS treatment (ACT).